Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New customer no on demand or catch up

New customer can’t access on demand or catch up screen starts but then goes black 

have 2 boxes one attached to router with cable the other is connect via WiFi have tried restarting both boxes numerous times - been on hold for over 3 hours (3 separate calls) and messages not responding 

Checked diagnostics problem with port - do don’t know if this is the issue 

can someone actually respond as getting ready to cancel 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer no on demand or catch up

Hi Socialsarah73,

You can ignore the error messages telling you to open ports on the Port Configuration Test, they honestly don't affect anything, I believe think it's a software bug. 

Have you tried rebooting the router?  Do you see any error codes displayed?

Please can you follow the instruction from the following help pages virgin-tv-error-codes/604  as the issue may be due to your HDMI cables.

You can also look at Check Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV boxes. By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your boxes and it might repair them, or guide you through further troubleshooting.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer no on demand or catch up

Are both boxes failing or is one working?

If one's working, let's swap them round too.

Agreed with the suggestions re Error 604, and the port configuration test being useless.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos