Menu
Yan_777
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New broadband contract cancellation

Hello,

On 12th of August 2020, I purchased an 18-month Virgin Media broadband service from an online website. On the next day, 13th of August 2020,  less than 12 hours after the purchase, after very unfortunate personal circumstances, I learned that I will have to leave my house and I immediately called to cancel the purchase.

The Virgin Media employee I spoke to over the phone very politely explained to me that the order has not gone yet through credit check and that he will immediately cancel it and this will be the end and I would not be required to do anything further to cancel the order.

Yesterday, 21st of August, I started receiving a chain of emails that my broadband service and installation is in full motion, and a broadband modem has been sent to my former house address to be installed on 24th of August.

How can I cancel the contract? I spent 7 hours yesterday trying to connect to your call centre to confirm the status of the "already cancelled" contract and try to cancel it!

For the record, this is about account number [REMOVED] (I just received it over an email a few hours ago...).

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband contract cancellation

Morning Yan_777,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I am sorry to hear of the situation, and for any confusion in cancelling the order for you.

I can see you've been able to contact us after posting and been able to get this sorted, if you do need further assistance however let me know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos