cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tivo remote

Dee1978
Joining in

Hi All, I have just purchased a new Tivo remote.  I have sucessfully paired it to my TV and the volume ect.. works fine but I can't get it to link to my Tivo box to change channels.  All the help I can find is how to link to your TV which I have done.  What am I missing 🤔

7 REPLIES 7

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dee1978 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

Is it solely the channel up and down buttons that aren't working? Also, when you press those buttons, are there any lights showing on the set top box to indicate it's picking up the request to change channels? 

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience. 

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply.  None of the other buttons are working and when I press them the light is red. I am assuming that's not good 😅

Hi @Dee1978, no problem at all.

Just to confirm, are you definitely on the correct source to view your Virgin Media services? What can you see on the screen at the moment?

Regards,

Daniel

Dee1978
Joining in

I have Virgin on but with the new remote I can only mute and change volume, none of the other buttons do anything.  I still have my old remote which works fine.  

Hi @Dee1978,

Have you been through the full process of programming the remote control? A handy video on how to do that can be found here

Regards,
Daniel

Dee1978
Joining in

Yes I have, The video shows how to use your remote to change your volume, mute and turn TV on and off, all of these things work fine.  I can't do anything else like go to My Shows or Home and I cant change channels or input a channel number with the number keys.

Hi @Dee1978,

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. 

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel