Menu
Mirimont
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo box with error code 7400

I have installed a new Tivo box but it has an error code 7400 which means it has not been activated. Can never get through to Virgin on the phone and the online chat seems to be non-existent these days!

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo box with error code 7400

Hi Miromont,

You are best phoning VM at 8am when they first open and are least busy, or late afternoon around tea time.

Check all your cables are snug and tight especially the white coaxial cable. Try and use an ethernet cable if possible as it's a better signal than wifi,

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You could call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo box with error code 7400

Make sure you've followed all the steps on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/7400 which might just save you a call to activations.

If not, then as per newapollo - 0800 9539500 with your box serial number to hand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos