Menu
jstoneham
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo box required

Hi,

my TiVo box keeps overheating and shutdown. This has done this quite a few times over the last 6 months. Getting fed up with it now. I have had this box for years so need a replacement. How and who doi contact to organise a replacement please.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TiVo box required

If you " have had a box for years" how is it you don't know how to contact virgin, phone 150 free from any virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and go down the TV faults route.
0 Kudos
jstoneham
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes that’s correct I have had a box for years but have never needed to contact 150 on my phone for help or advice as both my V6 & TiVo boxes have worked fine. I was asking the question for a quicker solution to the problem without contacting 150. I need another box not a fault finding guide over the phone as the box is over heating in a well ventilated unit I might add.
Hope that answers your sarcasm. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jstoneham,

The usual method is to contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults V6 overheating to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, such as asking Is the box well ventilated 🙄 This most likely won't resolve the problem, however after following those prompts if you then call back around 10 minutes later the system should recognise that you've been through the aforementioned and an agent should pick the phone up.

The only other solution is to wait here for several days for a member of the Forum Team to pick this up for you.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unless I've mis-read your original post, you're reporting a potentially faulty box which probably needs replacing.

This is primarily a user forum, VM staff do assist on posts that are unresolved after several days, but the quickest way to report service faults is to call Virgin directly - either 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jstoneham
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for replies I will contact via phone

0 Kudos