Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo TV installation - one of the boxes loop starting up

My newly installed TiVo box is on start up loop.

I had two boxes installed, 1 works fine, the other on loop.

Phoned 150 and done the tests and it still doesn't work and cant get through to the helpdesk because they are so busy....help!!!

Any advice anyone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TiVo TV installation - one of the boxes loop starting up

Hello dzharper

Thanks for posting your query on the forum and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the TiVo error and inconvenience caused, certainly not the experience we want for any of our customers. What tests did the support team run? Did they advise what this was? During the diagnostics did you reboot the box?

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

When they installed, they didn't test, so I'm sure it's the box we received because the other box works fine. Ive called the heldesk and they have run the usual signal test and done multiple reboots which hasn't worked and been unable to get back through since. I just want an engineer to change the box as its defiantly faulty.

Ps this is for my mother who is elderly and dependent on the TV for entertainment so I can only make calls after work on her behalf as the help desk says I have to be at her house. 

Can you help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, sounds simple but have you rebooted the box and ensured all of the connections are touch tight?

Would you be able to pass account security dzharper? We may need to look into this further for you.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

I have done the reboots. I got through to the helpdesk and advised them of the issue. I told them I can only get through on the weekends so can they send an engineer to replace the box but they said IT support will send a signal which will fix the issue whereas I advised this is not a signal problem but a faulty box but they insisted it would be fixed within 3 hours. Unfortunately as expected this not not fixed and I cannot get through to the helpdesk again. Its very frustrating because the box needs a replacement and I don't understand why this is so difficult.

Do you need my account number?

Thanks for your assistance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dzharper,

Let me take a look into this for you. I'll send you a Private Message asking for some details.

Please reply back to it so I can help.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos