Menu
Tolen
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Customer, New Install, Used Tivo box supplied!

Install team arrived at 8am this morning and connected the house to VM, installed the Hub and Tivo box, got everything up and left for the next job as the hub and Tivo box did their updates.

Once the Tivo box was up and running I noticed that 31% the storage was already used! This wasn't a new Tivo box or even a factory reconditioned one but one just taken from another customer! 

VM helpline suggested doing a full erase so set that off, expecting it to take up to an hour and now over 2 hours later I'm still waiting!

Currently waiting for the engineer to call back and hopefully he's got a new box available.

Should VM be supplying used boxes? Are they even safe as no-one has bothered to check the state of the Tivo box before giving it to the engineer? If this had been checked and  reconditioned then I wouldn't have expected old program recordings.

VM customer for 6 hours and nothing but issues. Not a good start!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer, New Install, Used Tivo box supplied!

Hello Tolen

I can assure you that all refurbished equipment is put through a stringent quality test, I am sure the tech will pop back and get this issue resolved.
I appreciate this happening on your first day with us is not ideal, but moving forwards things will be much better.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Tolen
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just had chance to post an update. 

The original installation engineer wasn't able to bring a replacement box but he did get another installation team in the area to drop off and set up another box on the same day. Everything since then has just worked fine. 

Full marks to the installation teams.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tolen,

Thanks for the update, I'm really pleased to hear everything has been working since your install.

If you need any help in future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos