Menu
Paulap13
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Network cable unplugged

For over a week I have been getting an error message in my TiVo box (not V6) but now i cant access channels and constant error message saying network cable unplugged.

I have checked every connection and rebooted several times but no joy.

I rang Virgin on Monday but was on hold for an hour before I spek to anyone,  an engineer was booked but has since been cancelled by Virgin.

Any suggestions as I don't  have the time or patience to be on hold for another hour 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network cable unplugged

@Paulap13 wrote:

For over a week I have been getting an error message in my TiVo box (not V6) but now i cant access channels and constant error message saying network cable unplugged.

I have checked every connection and rebooted several times but no joy.

I rang Virgin on Monday but was on hold for an hour before I spek to anyone,  an engineer was booked but has since been cancelled by Virgin.

Any suggestions as I don't  have the time or patience to be on hold for another hour 

Have you checked the ethernet cable with another device?

0 Kudos
Paulap13
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No I will try in another box 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That message is nothing to do with any ethernet connection to the TiVo box, it means the internal modem has lost connection via the VM coax connection.

If VM cancelled the appointment it may indicate an area issue.  Is anything relevant showing on the service status page?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paulap13
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

VM text me today to say network problems in the area had been rectified and to reboot the box.  I have done this but still not working and same error message 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok, I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team.  They will respond in a few hours/ days, they should be able to check out what is going on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Paulap13 wrote:

VM text me today to say network problems in the area had been rectified and to reboot the box.  I have done this but still not working and same error message 

Apologies for leading you down the wrong path!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

For the benefit of others reading this thread, if you get this error message on a TiVo box (NOT a V6), then the correct course of action is to call VM Faults on 150 and report the problem.

You can check by looking at the front-left of the box where there's a series of green lights. Second from left has a painted heart symbol next to it, and is the "online" light. Solidly on is good, flashing means the onboard internet has failed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Paulap13
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just checked and the green light is flashing 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Paulap13 

Thank you for your post. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that we are able to advise further.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos