Menu
oxygen77
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Network Cable Unplugged!! What does it mean?

Hi,

Catch Up & On Demand not working anymore! I try to 'connect to Virgin Media' but always get the error message: 'Network Cable Unplugged'. I haven't unplugged anything or even touched the Tivo Box! Can you help, please? Thanks.

PS - Seems to be a common problem judging by some queries on here. I still haven't been able to solve the problem though.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network Cable Unplugged!! What does it mean?

Do you have a TiVo or a V6 box? The V6 relies on a WiFi or ethernet connection to your homehub, the TiVo has its connection inbuilt.

The advice on how to resolve therefore differs.

0 Kudos
oxygen77
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's not V6. I've had it for a while. It's always worked fine until this problem occurred recently.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Which therefore eliminates an issue on V6 <---> HomeHub cabling.

The reason for your issue will either be a faulty box, or an issue on the virtual connection between your box and the cablemodem at VM's end (in simple terms) - having live TV proves the physical connection is ok.

The solution is the same in either case - call Virgin, report the problem and don't come off the phone without the box either reconnected or an engineer visit arranged. This issue is unlikely to resolve itself without intervention.

0 Kudos
oxygen77
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks. Will call them.

0 Kudos