Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Network Cable Unplugged!! What does it mean?

Hi,

Catch Up & On Demand not working anymore! I try to 'connect to Virgin Media' but always get the error message: 'Network Cable Unplugged'. I haven't unplugged anything or even touched the Tivo Box! Can you help, please? Thanks.

PS - Seems to be a common problem judging by some queries on here. I still haven't been able to solve the problem though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network Cable Unplugged!! What does it mean?

Do you have a TiVo or a V6 box? The V6 relies on a WiFi or ethernet connection to your homehub, the TiVo has its connection inbuilt.

The advice on how to resolve therefore differs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's not V6. I've had it for a while. It's always worked fine until this problem occurred recently.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Which therefore eliminates an issue on V6 <---> HomeHub cabling.

The reason for your issue will either be a faulty box, or an issue on the virtual connection between your box and the cablemodem at VM's end (in simple terms) - having live TV proves the physical connection is ok.

The solution is the same in either case - call Virgin, report the problem and don't come off the phone without the box either reconnected or an engineer visit arranged. This issue is unlikely to resolve itself without intervention.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks. Will call them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi oxygen77, 

Thank you for your post. 

Sorry to hear of the issues faced. Can I confirm how everything is at the moment and did you end up calling the team? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, fine now. Thanks.

Took 45 mn and I was put through to 3 different people with long waits between each of them. Quite frustrating but at least it's now working.

Other issue I have is I can no longer get the PSB Channel on 273. First the picture & sound got really bad and now just black screen!

Any advice?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi oxygen77, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you've now lost a TV channel you watch.  I would like to investigate this further for for you.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen,

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos