Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

I have an intermittent problem with netflix and bbc iPlayer.  I have a tivo box and when watching programmes they intermittently stop and restarting the tivo box does not work. The netflix and i player works on other devices in the house but not when watching through virginmedia.

I know there have been other people who have had this issue and have had a new box installed.  Please could anyone help? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix

With the older TiVo box this can often be indicative of a failing internet connection. Two ways to check...

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what does it report in the top-right?

On the front-left of the box, there's a series of green lights. Second from left is the "heartbeat" online light which should be solid. Is it?

The TiVo has its own inbuilt internet connection - if this is failing, it will affect all online functions which include OnDemand and streaming apps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, that sounds exactly like what is happening, the second from left green light is flashing on and off.

Would you know how I could get this fixed? Not sure how to contact virgin media directly as the contact options all seem to lead to self service fixes not to a real person.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ideally you do need to call VM to report this, although I would recommend making a particular point of mentioning the flashing online light and not just that your VOD doesn't work.

Once you've chosen the menu options on 150 for "I have a fault with my TV service", don't press any more buttons - when the IVR mentions about "getting a link to online", don't press anything and just ignore it.

Your alternatives are to use the text message service (07533 051809) which may take a few days, or to wait on here for VM staff which is currently taking around a week.

Good luck.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos