Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

I need help, tried to get in touch with someone all weekend and nothing, this is a last resort.

My netflix app keeps freezing and says' we are unable to play this title at the moment please try again later' every time this happen the green heartbeat light flashes. When i run a test it is tell me my tivo box is offline. I have phoned up with this problem before and was told to phone my internet provider but my tivo box is not connected to my home internet and never has been. Please can someone help is there a problem with my tivo box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

The TiVo has its internet connection inbuilt, but if the heartbeat light is flashing, it's failed for some reason and needs reporting to VM as a fault.

Call 0800 5610061 to check there's no known area faults, I doubt there will be but it might just save you a faults call.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 otherwise, and follow the options for reporting a new fault. You'll likely need an engineer visit or replacement box.

You mention that you've previously called and were advised to contact your internet provider, when was this?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Have you tried to get in touch with them as i have said i have tried all weekend and nothing. I phoned about four months ago to first mention it. Its got to the point i stopped watching netflix through virgin and found another way but have had to go back to watch it through virgin, 10 mins into a film the other day and it froze. There is no fault in the area i have all ready checked that. When i run a test it say the fault is with the box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM have numerous issues with C/S at the moment, so it doesn't surprise me you're struggling - unfortunately, calling faults in is still likely the quickest way. I was curious on when you'd been advised by VM C/S to "contact your internet provider" to fix the TiVo modem - if that was this weekend, I'd have liked to flag this to VM forum staff as an example of blatant mis-advice (which they may want to follow up). If it wasn't, then you might just have to chalk that one down to experience.

Where you go from here, really depends whether you have VM broadband and how long you've had your current package for.

1: If you have VM broadband, I'd be seriously considering looking at a new package (possibly more cost-effective) and trying to bag a box-swap to the newer V6 into the bargain. It's a much quicker box and far more suited to the various streaming apps.

2: If you don't, then I'm afraid your only option is to pursue the faults line. If the heartbeat light is flashing, I'd like to think any faults agent would recognise that as either a network or box fault, and progress your call accordingly.

VM staff do pick up posts on here, but ordinarily it's taking around a week at the moment. There's also a text message facility (07533 051809) which can get a response in a couple of days. Hence why calling is usually quicker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, will try again tomorrow and see if i can get through. 

Due to current circumstances i am unable to change my package at the moment

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's fair enough and I sympathise.

There's no harm in asking them about a fault swapout to a V6. They're quite entitled to replace like-for-like in order to resolve the fault, but if you don't ask you won't get.

The worst they can say is no, but good luck in either case.

If you wouldn't mind, please come back and update this post with the outcome.

0 Kudos