Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

Hi,

I have resorted to the community as a last resort as I cannot get through to anybody at Virgin. 

Netflix keeps dropping out and the picture quality is variable. I have tried all the fixes - several times.

Reading related posts it seems that it may be an issue with the box which is a Tivo smt  c 7100.

The message displayed upon the drop out is ‘ we’re having trouble playing this.....’

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix

Sounds like you've got an old TiVo box (check here if you're not sure) and there could be 2 reasons for this...

1: The box's internet connection is failing - on the front-left of the box, there's a series of green lights. Second from left has a heart symbol next to it and is the box's "Online" internet light. It should be solidly on, but does it flash? If so, that's the internet connection failing - anything online will consequently fail, and that's a fault which you need to report via 150.

2: The box is just struggling with the Netflix app - if the online light isn't flashing, then the TiVo - whilst perfectly serviceable - is elderly hardware and can sometimes struggle with newer apps and suchlike. If you have VM broadband and have had your current package for a while, then it would be worth considering a look at newer (potentially cheaper) bundles which could include a box-swap to the V6 box.

It's newer, quicker, has more recording tuners than the TiVo, but handles apps such as Netflix & iPlayer much quicker. Also it has additional apps not available on the TiVo such as ITV Hub, All-4 & Amazon Prime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

Many thanks for a clear and helpful reply.
0 Kudos