Menu
Kpritchard
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

A week ago Netflix started hanging just after the Netflix logo came up. We did all the normal reboot etc but nothing changed. So we got on the phone to Virgin support and after stepping us through the reboot process again, told us it would be fixed by 9:00 the next day.

of course it wasn’t so we wasted another hour calling support , being walked through the reboot process again , being passed to another level of support , waiting on the phone for another hour. We were told that they couldn’t fix the problem there and then but would call us back with frequent updates on progress. That was two days ago and it’s still not working.

It’s not a problem with the Netflix account as I can watch it on my phone - but only when using data and not when connected to my local network. So it is clearly a problem with the connectivity between my local virgin network and Netflix - but despite the support people bring very friendly etc. we’ve now been paying for a Netflix service that we can’t use for a week.

I’ve run out of ideas of what to do other than leave Virgin and sign up with another provider (after more 10 years with them) . Anyone else got any suggestions?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

Hi if you have a older TiVo it will never cope with Netflix etc, I'm afraid the only thing is to upgrade to a V6 box but you need to have broadband for it to work. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Kpritchard
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have the v6 box and 100mb broadband - has been working fine since we got the v6 box a couple of years ago .... just stopped working.

i’ve tried all the suggestions on all the threads but with no success.

Am now checking out other providers 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kpritchard,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. 

I will private message you concerning this so I can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oh I see as you posted on the TiVo section I assumed that is what you had.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Kpritchard
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ahh - apologies, my mistake

0 Kudos
Kpritchard
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

Apologies - but apparently I've reached the limit of private messages I can send ! so have put my answer to your last question here ...

I've just checked and I have child safe off and web safe on

0 Kudos
Kpritchard
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Posted my answer to your questions at the bottom of this thread. I also ran network diagnostics from the Hub 3.0 home page and got some results.... that I can't seem to post ...
0 Kudos
vcovelo
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Would it be worth/possible to move this thread to the V6 forum to see if we have any luck? (I'm the account holder for this problem).

I have to say it is getting a bit ridiculous - I have spent a combined total of almost 5 hours on the phone repeating the same support tasks over and over (reset the box, test the connection, etc) and the conclusion has been "they don't know and they are hoping the IT team will at some point release a fix for different problems other people are having, and it might fix this problem too".

0 Kudos