Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix wont work on tivo box

Netflix not working on our 2nd tivo box. Works fine on the v6, phones,tablets etc. This is a bit annoying as its the daughter who pays for Netflix and its the tivo box in her room that wont play netflix. Paying almost £120 a month for this service and I'm certainly not getting value for money

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix wont work on tivo box

Check whether the TiVo is losing its internet connection which could cause this.

The connection is inbuilt on TiVo, on the front-left of the box there's a series of green lights. Second from left has a painted heart symbol and is your "online" light, it should be solidly on. Is it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Both lights are on. Netflix will play something for 10 to 20 mins then freezes and goes off. Daughter then has to get her i pad out and then faff on to get to the point at which the tivo kicked her off

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In that case, the issues don't seem to be being caused by a lost internet connection -  but are possibly just the box struggling, it is rather old hardware now and has long since been superceded by the V6.

Depending what package you have and how long you've had it, it might be worth giving VM a call and see whether you can swap the box for a V6 - possibly in exchange for a new contract/bundle deal

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'll give them a call in morning. Don't think I would be happy signing up on a new contract with them as they haven't been the best of late

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New box arrived (another tivo) and swapped over. Same problem. Netflix plays for half hour max then stops. Getting an absolute joke this service now. Looks like another 2 hour wait on the phone........

0 Kudos