Menu
olliepants
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Netflix slow on TIVO box

Netflix is beyond slow to open on Tivo box! When it eventually loads the response time from hitting a button on the remote to it actually selecting/moving is so slow you end up pressing it twice as you're not sure if you pressed it in the first place! Is there anything I can do about this? Ive only just moved to Virgin from BT and am seriously considering whether it was the right move.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix slow on TIVO box

Thats normal for a Tivo box, BBC Iplayer is the same, the v6 box is the only box where netflix runs adequately 

olliepants
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Since posting I had an engineer out ego confirmed that the Tivo box is dated and not built for apps really. After a quick call to customer service (well 30 minute wait for a5 minute call!!) and a V6 box is being delivered today, free of charge. 

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

so if I call and ( truthfully) say My tivo is not fit for purpose for netflix , I will get a free v6?

seems too good to be true

happy to be proved wrong, if any mod want to arrange for delivery of one to me Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
olliepants
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I now have the V6 box up and running 2 days after a call to Virgin, at no extra cost to myself. Netflix opens immediately - just like it would on a smartphone. Glad I contacted Virgin, cybmole surely it's worth a phone call to give them a chance to fix your issue?

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@olliepants wrote:

I now have the V6 box up and running 2 days after a call to Virgin, at no extra cost to myself. Netflix opens immediately - just like it would on a smartphone. Glad I contacted Virgin, cybmole surely it's worth a phone call to give them a chance to fix your issue?

i called a few months back when I was renegotiating, the stance then was that a V6 will cost you £100+ one off and £x per month extra

I'd just like to know what the current official policy is

it seems to be still £100+ to place an upgrade order, but free if you **bleep** a lot about netflix

if I go to my upgrades on my virgin media I see a hefty price tag

TBH we gave up using tivo for netflix years ago, because it is so slow, it seems unfair that people who are only just noticing that get a free upgrade, and other long suffering customers don't. [ I have been a customer for 20+ years]

see also : the answers to my recent thread about " will there be another opportunity to get tivo to V6 for free, like in Jan 2018 :TLDR: short answer was no

but this thread suggests answer now is  maybe , if you sort of lie or exaggerate about your tivo. e.g. I could ( dishonestly) say - its gotten a lot worse lately...[ that might be true... ]

does not seem right, or fair. I don't want to have to game the system.

0 Kudos
olliepants
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I didn't bleep or even raise my voice to them,  nor have I been dishonest about my TiVo box!! I simply stated the facts and the agent resolved the issue immediately (albeit after a couple of calls and an engineer visit later). I am a "new"customer though, after a rejoining after 18 months with BT.

It seems your issue is with Virgin, you need to take it up with them rather than try and discredit other users who merely posted for advice and shared the outcome. 

cybmole
Community elder
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i am not trying to discredit anyone. if you got a good result then well done you and thanks for sharing.

i suspect the policy now is to appease only new or nearly new customers who express dissatisfaction with tivo apps

so its another instance of whatever the opposite of a loyalty bonus is

and I was pointing out that I probably could lie/blag by way to a free v6 by mimic-ing what has worked for others but I am not going to do that

any moderator who want to arrange a free honesty reward V6 for me or to clarify the official policy is welcome to do so

PS the board software changed complain to bleep in my last post. lets see if it does it again

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

ok - it seems that complain is an allowed word, ( unlike naming a certain North London football team or one from a town that ends in ...thorpe). SO I dont know how I got bleeped- must be my bad typing...

checking my upgrades...

"Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online. Give us a call on 0345 454 1111 and we’ll be happy to help."

No thanks - there are better ways to spend an hour than listening to their on-hold music selection

You'd expect them to be able to code web pages after 30 years practice but hey, this is Virgin. There is no IT in Virgin

(for the record ,  I don't want to change my package, necessarily - i just wanted to see the official quote for upgrading Tivo to V6 )

PS google does not know either - m a search for

"upgrade tivo to v6"

only tells me what I knew already - that it was free in Jan 2018

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Cybmole,

Customers wishing to upgrade or take an additional V6 will be charged an upfront fee of £99.95 and £35 set up fee also applies, more information can be found here.

Have you been in touch with our faults team to report any issues you have with your Tivo box?

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos