Menu
J_Pell
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix problems

My Netflix won’t start or keeps stopping midway through programme. Says TiVo or network error. Have restarted box several times. Also Virgin has checked & restarted remotely. Still not working Any ideas community? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix problems

Which box do you have... TiVo or V6? If you're not sure, check here 

Do you have any issues with OnDemand in general? That uses the same internet connection as streaming apps such as Netflix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

J_Pell
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It’s a TiVo box. Only experienced with Netflix so far

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well in that case, there's 2 things with streaming apps on the TiVo (NOT the V6)..

1: The box is fundamentally running old hardware, and struggles with apps - there's no getting around this. If you have VM broadband, a V6 is the obvious answer.

2: The onboard internet connection fails (often without you realising) and therefore anything using the internet, also fails. OnDemand, streaming, TV guide updates, the lot.

On the front-left of your box are a series of green lights. Second-from-left is the "online" light (it's got a "heartbeat" symbol next to it) and represents the internal 'net connection. Static on is good, flashing is bad. If it's flashing, the connection is offline - that's a service fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos