Menu
anergates
Joining in
Message 11 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix not working on Tivo Box

The first post in this thread was in Feb this year. I was having this problem back in late 2017.  We had a Christmas without our Virgin service because they could not sort it, then sent out an engineer who left us with no service, saying it would activate itself later that day.  Needless to say, it did not, so he came out again.  He decided that he could not get the V6 box to work, so took that away and gave us a TIVO back!!.  This was after Chrustmas.  So nearly one year on and this is still not sorted.  Very, very poor indeed and more than enough cause to terminate my contract as soon as I can possibly do so.  I know they say you cannot get out of your contract but surely it is a two-sided thing, and I do not think the service I have received suggests they are keeping up theirs!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi anergates,

Really sorry to hear this. 

Can you just expand a little on what's happened? Are you having trouble with the full TV service?

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
rebe_evans
Joining in
Message 13 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I need help with mine, too please

0 Kudos
anergates
Joining in
Message 14 of 38
Flag for a moderator

No, it is all detailed in my post.  Netflix with this 25% freezing thing and then we are not allowed a V6  box for reasons unknown reasons.

0 Kudos
Susyshoes
Joining in
Message 15 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I’m having trouble loading my Netflix on the app too. Never had this problem until a couple of weeks ago. Doesn’t even get to 25% just whirrs round then says unable to load /retry 

how do I resolve this please . I’m paying for Netflix and unable to access it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi rebe_evans,

Really sorry to hear this. How are things looking at the moment?

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
Susyshoes
Joining in
Message 17 of 38
Flag for a moderator

No it’s still the same just says unable to connect to Netflix , please try again or visit Netflix help

0 Kudos
mintymin33
Tuning in
Message 18 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I’m having problems with mine that I can’t actually sign in at all now. I thought the previous issues of rebuffering and popping out were down to my internet but I’ve discovered now it is not the case. Netflix works on my devices, my smart tv etc, but now when it comes to my TiVo tv it just shows errors which suggest it’s to do with internet. I know they were working up the road last night on a tv fix and I had some internet issues but that is clearly not the case today as shown through other tv and devices. I have reset the tv but no luck. This TiVo box is old now, I’ve had it a few years. Is it possible it needs replacing as my routers have been done several times since joining? 

0 Kudos
rebe_evans
Joining in
Message 19 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, thanks for responding.

I’ve just tried the Netflix this evening. Thought things might be resolved but got halfway into an episode of Castlevania and hit the buffering circle again. The load indicator hit 25% and stalled there a few seconds before I was timed out of the episode with the old “your device may not be connected, please check it and try again” message. Checking the network shows that I am connected, and I can resume playing the episode. However, after less than 20 seconds, I hit the 25% buffering thing again. Returning to the menu I can see Netflix is not live, because the show synopsis doesn’t keep up when hovering over other shows.

If I exit the app and try to open another app, I get the c130 TiVo error message. If I try again, apps appear available again. I tried YouTube next, which was loading video thumbnails and videos  fine (I watched a 6min video in one sitting).

is there a universal cause for this?

thanks

0 Kudos
comedians
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same issue with Tivo box, can't get to the sign in page, spins & spins then throws up the message cannot connect etc.

Iplayer works fine.

0 Kudos