Menu
Tomx
Joining in
Message 1 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Netflix not working on Tivo Box

The Netflix app is not working on my Tivo box, this problem has been going on for about three weeks now, the program plays for a few seconds and then reloads and gets stuck at 25%, I have tried it via the Netflix TV channel and App both have the same problem, it works fine when I use the Netflix app on my smart TV and on my phone, has this problem ever been fixed, I have not seen a solution posted anywhere.

Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix not working on Tivo Box

Hi Tomx,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with Netflix.

Our technicians are aware of the issue and are currently working towards a resolution. We don't have a fix time for this at the moment but we'll update the Community when we can.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tomx
Joining in
Message 3 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Thanks for your reply, does that mean that Virgin are going to reduce our bills as you cannot supply a service, looking at the various forums and posts on the internet this problem has been ongoing for a very very long time and you still dont have a fix, why can Netflix be used on everyother device i have tried with no problems and a much faster load speed and not on your Tivo box which when it worked had a very slow load speed, if its a software problem then it should be just a matter of sending an update to all the tv boxes, someone in your company must have an idea, it doesnt seem that difficult a problem to fix, either your tv boxes are all faulty and you wont admit that as a lot of people would leave, its a software problem and needs an update or your broadband network cant handle the Netflix signal, either way someone needs to man up and admit the fault so people can decide to stay or go.

Regards

Tomx

Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tomx,

Thanks for your reply.

We're unable to offer any reduction to your bill because Netflix is a free app which has been added to the TiVo® box.

As Josh_RW has mentioned this is a known fault but we don't have a fix time at present.

We're working with Netflix to get this resolved but until then I'd recommend using it on your smart TV until the update has been released.

Apologies again for any inconvenience this is causing.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
rebe_evans
Joining in
Message 5 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I started experiencing this issue in August 2018. Are we any closer to a solution?

Rebecca 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi rebe_evans,

Welcome to the community.

Are you still experiencing issues today?  If so let me know and I can have a closer look.  If can also let me know if this affects other apps please?

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
vickyv1
Joining in
Message 7 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am also having an issue with netflix, the app seems to be working but the TV channel is not.  Is this an ongoing issue?

It plays for a couple of seconds then stops, netflix is working on all other devices.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Excalibr8
Joining in
Message 8 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Seems I am not the only person who has this problem with Netflix. really poor service Virgin Media!

0 Kudos
NigeC
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Same problem, we just get options to try again

0 Kudos
rebe_evans
Joining in
Message 10 of 42
Flag for a moderator

Hi, BUMP because some more have replied with the same issue - yes, I am still getting this 25% interruption problem. I can give more details now, we have tested other apps too:

On the first try, Netflix appears to load up an undefined portion of the show, and then "disconnects" with a 25% loaded icon. When I try to load anything else on Netflix (other shows, text, etc) it freezes. If I then shut it down and try to run Netlfix, BBC iPlayer, or YouTube, it either runs with nothing loading, or I receive a message from the TiVo saying that I'm disconnected from the server. I'm prompted to test the connection, which results in a "check your cables" suggestion - from what I can see the cables are fine, and they should be, given Apps are able to run for the first 10 minutes.

Does the support team have any solutions yet?

thanks,

rebecca

0 Kudos