Menu
Squarehead1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Netflix keeps on freezing

Keeps on freezing when watching through my TiVo box. Have to log out and wait 10 minutes every time 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix keeps on freezing

OnDemand & Streaming services on the TiVo (NOT the V6) have two issues:

1: The box is quite old and runs old hardware, it can struggle with the streaming apps (iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube) especially and this is one (of a few) reason why the additional apps are only available on the V6. There isn't any way of sugar-coating this, I'm afraid.

2: All OnDemand & streaming apps rely on an internet connection, the TiVo's is in-built (separate from your home broadband) but this often fails without users realising. On the front-left of the box are a series of green lights, the second-from-left has a painted heart symbol next to it and is your "online" light. A static light is good, but a flashing heartbeat lights means the TiVo's internet connection has failed. Anything relying on the internet will fail when this happens.

Scenario 2 is a fault, and you should report it to Virgin Media on the usual number (150 from VM, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone). It may be an external network fault, but is often a box failure & replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Squarehead1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When you dial 150 there is no option to speak to an engineer. It’s impossible and extremely frustrating 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I presume then, without your saying, that your online light is flashing.

You need to choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service" if you want to report service faults.

I think (from memory) they are 1, 2, then 2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Squarehead1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Worst customer service I have ever received. I have to register to send silly text messages. You provide my internet but you say you’re internet is not good enough or my cable box is not fit for purpose. Please ri g me when a capable person is available 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure what you're getting at with "having to register to send silly text messages"?

Equally I'm not sure what you mean by your internet having problems, or by your reference to a "capable person". This is primarily a user community forum and I'm just a VM customer like yourself.

If you have a service fault, and you've not said whether you do or not, you are best calling faults to report it.

0 Kudos
Squarehead1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You do not get an option to speak to someone. Please try it for yourself as a customer 

0 Kudos
Squarehead1
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You’re  claim that you’re not employed by virgin or an associate company is laughable 

0 Kudos
Squarehead1
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

6926 replies and you don’t work for virgin . How often have you watched bath rugby club play live

0 Kudos