Menu
Reply
rgw-001
  • 2
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
698 Views
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix issues

For weeks now we've been having problems watching Netflix through our Tivo box, it keeps cutting out and telling us it cannot play the title and the green Internet LED flashes on and off.

We've been trying to get in touch with VM since before Christmas without success, phonecalls going unanswered or cutoff, Chat Bot's are useless, Text replies always when l'm at work and they won't contact my partner or simply do not respond!!!

Anyone any ideas how to proceed?, read on the Community Forums that it's possibly an issue with the internal modem, the box is at least 8 years old.

I bet if l said l wanted to cancel my contract or stopped my Direct Debit they'd contact me fast enough!

0 Kudos
Reply
japitts
  • 14.56K
  • 1.94K
  • 3.33K
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
669 Views
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix issues


@rgw-001 wrote:

For weeks now we've been having problems watching Netflix through our Tivo box, it keeps cutting out and telling us it cannot play the title and the green Internet LED flashes on and off.


Assuming you have the original TiVo, then that's a fault for sure.


@rgw-001 wrote:

Anyone any ideas how to proceed?, read on the Community Forums that it's possibly an issue with the internal modem, the box is at least 8 years old.


Yes - it's either (unlikely but not impossible) a network fault or (more likely) a box fault that you need to report to Virgin Media.


@rgw-001 wrote:

I bet if l said l wanted to cancel my contract or stopped my Direct Debit they'd contact me fast enough!


To be perfectly honest and you won't want to hear it - whether you call to give disconnection notice, or report a fault, you're likely to have to queue at the moment regardless. Cancelling your DD will just complicate matters or cause more issues down the line, but won't result in the faults team calling you!

Your alternative option, if you have VM broadband (which is a requirement) and you're in a position to renegotiate your whole VM package, is to do a review of your whole bundle with a view to swapping to a V6 box. If you're using streaming apps such as Netflix a lot, it's a far better box and well worthwhile considering.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Reply
rgw-001
  • 2
  • 0
  • 0
Joining in
637 Views
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix issues

Cheers, getting through to VM or getting a reply is the biggest single issue l'm having!. Thanks for your help though.

0 Kudos
Reply