Menu
Bigsoc68
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix freezes

Hi can anybody help me when watching a programme on Netflix it freezes and I can’t reconnect back to Netflix any suggestions 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix freezes

Hi Bigsoc68

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the delayed reply and the TV issues. I've had a check on our systems now and it does need an engineer visit due to the input levels being out of spec.

I'll PM to arrange

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Richjim53
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, My problem is with Netflix only. after a few minutes, the picture freezes for maybe 30 seconds then a fault image appears with in the bottom right corner "tvq-pb-101(3.3.-302). So I go to another TV channel and after a minute or 2 that goes to a fault message. After maybe 5 minutes the fault goes away and everything is normal until I go the Netflix, then after watching normally for maybe 10 / 20 minutes the picture freezes and the cycle repeats. During the fault period the second from left green light is blinking.  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richjim53,

Searching Google for the error code you posted brings up a netflix page that shows theya re researching the errror, and to help investigate it they would like you to contact Netflix customer service   https://help.netflix.com/en/node/66001

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Richjim53
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Newappollo,

Netflix are finding this to be a frequent fault with the Virgin Tivo. the chap referred me to my internet provider, which is Virgin !

Do you know if the current Virgin "box" (not Tivo I assume) works with Netflix and is it possible to upgrade to it ?

Thanks... 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Richjim53,

I'm a VM customer the same as yourself.

I have two V6 boxes, one hard wired and one connected by wifi,  and have no issues connecting to Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC Iplayer, You Tube or any of the other apps.

An ethernet connection is the best method for connecting.

Have you any other problems such as pixellated channels?

You need VM broadband to have a V6 box. 

It might a good idea to contact VM, especially if you are out of contract, or coming to the end of a contract and ask what they can do for you. You might get new equipment and a reduction in your fees.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You can also use the above methods but choose options 1,1 and 2 for TV Faults to see if they find any issues with your Tivo box

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos