Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix error code nw 3-16

Been having problems with Netflix freezing for some time. Virgin identified a fault with Tivo box and sent a replacement which I have installed. It has not solved the problem with picture freezing every few minutes. Given that it takes about 4 mins re-booting, I would spend more time doing that than watching film. Connections are all good and all other functions working. I noticed, however that when picture freezes subtitles carry on. Don't know if that means anything.

This is getting very frustrating - any ideas. Have just done a status check and this time it says there is an error with the (new) tivo Box. Have also just run Netflix on the laptop simultaneously and there were no freezing issues.

Any help/advice/suggestions would be much appreciated

Alan C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix error code nw 3-16

Just to confirm, is this a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

Is the status check you're doing, the online one or automated on 150? If it was the 150-IVR one, I'd expect it to offer an engineer appointment as the next step.

Do you have VM broadband at all? If you're using streaming apps a lot, you could do a lot worse than consider swapping to a V6 if you don't already.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix error code nw 3-16

Thanks for responding. We have a Tivo which was sent after an on-line engineer identified a fault on our existing one which was 7 years old. The service status check was the on-line one which I had to stop using on Wednesday - apparently you can only check 6 times per day. We also have VM broadband but we are very light users.

Oddly we tried Netflix yesterday with the sub-titles off and it ran without freezing for about 2 hours. Not sure if that is relevant at all.

Regards

Alan C

0 Kudos