Menu
bbendavidson
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Netflix constantly crashing

The Netflix app keeps crashing on my TiVo device. After about 10 minutes Netflix will stop working, buffering will stall at 25% and then an error message will appear “your device may not be connected to the internet”. This is not the case as I have run a device check and it says it is connected. I have tried resetting both TiVo and my modem but the problem keeps occurring. This has been going on for 2 weeks and is very frustrating. We have not had this problem before but reading the massage boards it seems it is a common one. There are obviously some software compatibility issues with the TiVo box. Can you fix it ASAP please. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix constantly crashing

Hi bbendavidson,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Netflix app lately.  I have taken a look and carried out some checks and all look fine signal wise and no issues have been detected so far.

How are things looking today?  Is the issue still ongoing?

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bbendavidson
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Yes it is still crashing. It will load and play for about 15 minutes then will stop playing, reload and hang at 25% and then stop and give the error message "your device may not be connected to the internet". However when I check the TiVo box it says it is connected.

I think the problem is a gremlin in the Virgin Tivo box as when I connect to netflix through any of iphone, ipad or macbook I have no issues at all. It is only when using the Tivo box.

Is there an firmware update or something that has changed recently as this is a new problem that started about 3-4 weeks ago

Could you please fix it for me?

Thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

As Collette_T has mentioned there doesn't seem to be any issues with the box.

Are you experiencing problems with any of the other apps on your TiVo®?

Also are you able to use the On Demand without problem?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bbendavidson
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

the other apps seem ok but when Netflix crashes it takes out the entire tivobox and the only way to fix it is turn it off at the power and then reboot it.

You keep on saying that there doesn’t seem to be any issues with the TiVo box but there very clearly is. As I have said Netflix works perfectly on every other device in the house and the internet/broadband is fine. Therefore by an obvious process of elimination it must be the TiVo. 

I am getting very frustrated by this issue. Netflix is the main reason we use the tivobox. If you can’t fix it we will have to look for another provider. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing some issue with Netflix on the TiVo Box.

The TiVo box has it's own 10Mb fibre optic broadband connection so does not connect to the home network like all your other devices do.

Does this happen with every programme or film you try to watch? How are you accessing Netflix through the TiVo?

If  this is happening with everything we may need to arrange for one of our engineers to have a look at this for you 

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
bbendavidson
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise,

yes netflix crashes with anything and everythinh we watch. It does not matter what the program is. 

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘how do you access Netflix’. We just select the Netflix option from the menu on the home screen. 

Please send a technician as this needs to be fixed. 

Thanks

Ben

0 Kudos
pot-shadley
Dialled in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My Netflix also stops after about 2mins, restarts, gets to 25% and then just stops with the same error as noted by the OP. Why does it do this and how do we fix it?

It appears that a number of people are having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
KPS
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm also experiencing issues with Netflix stopping and freezing ever so often Ive tested netflix with all my other devices i have andriod phone, tablets,iphone,ipad they work fine so there has got to be a issue VM side,I'm on VIVID 350 package so it cant be a internet issues

0 Kudos
bbendavidson
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise,

i now have the same problem with the BBC iplayer app. It does exactly the same thing as Netflix. I plays for a while, reloads then crashes. I have noted that the second green light from the left starts flashing whenever this issue occurs. 

Please, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos