Menu
ggbarnum
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Netflix constantly crashing on Tivo

Hi,

I am trying to watch Netflix on channel 204 on my TiVo box in my bedroom and it is constantly freezing. Once it freezes i have to close Netflix and then wait several minutes for my TiVo box to crash completely.  Once that has happened and recovers I am able to then reload netflix, then after a couple of minutes it happens again. When it happens the light below the little heart symbol flashes until the box crashes and recovers and then goes solid again. 

I reported this problem last week and received a reply saying that the was a problem with my box and i was sent a new one.  I have set this new box up now,  however this is doing exactly the same thing. So it would seem the problem is not simply due to the box.

Please can someone look into this as it very annoying to not be able to watch Netflix on this box in my bedroom...

Thanks, 

Jason.

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix constantly crashing on Tivo

What model of box did they send?

0 Kudos
ggbarnum
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The new box seems the same as the old one. The power supply is slightly different but everything else seems the same.

Both boxes say SMT-C7100 500GB on the sticker on the back. The old one says MAN: 2014.01 and the new one says MAN:2014.10, not

sure if that means anything.

Thanks,

Jason.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi if you look at your online bill it will tell you which box you have, a V6 or a Tivo.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
ggbarnum
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh... yeah it's a TiVo. 

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All Samsung Tivos have this bug, you need a v6 box not another Samsung Tivo

0 Kudos
ggbarnum
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So Virgin will send me one? 

Given that they are unable to provide equipment that delivers the correct service that i am paying for,  I'm guessing one will be provided at no additional cost to me. 

Thanks, 

Jason. 

0 Kudos
ggbarnum
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So the silence is deafening... i guess that means virgin are happy to provide sub standard equipment that is not fit fit purpose and have no intention of resolving the issue.

Guess it's time to ring and cancel then as you don't have any intention of fixing it.  Will move to a provider that can give me equipment that works. 

Thanks, 

Jason. 

0 Kudos