Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix app not working 'having trouble playing this title...' for every choice

We have suddenly developed an issue with accessing Netflix on the Tivo. We see the logo screen, the menus but when we pick any title we get the error "we're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title". Same error whatever you pick.

It works properly on the Amazon stick (I wish I'd known the virgin were going to add an Amazon app before I bought this!)

More details shows a service code of 232073

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix app not working 'having trouble playing this title...' for every choice

Hi Kickstart1,

Thank you for your post I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Netflix. Have you rebooted? Also, is this connected wirelessly?

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix app not working 'having trouble playing this title...' for every choice

Rebooting the Tivo box gets it working for a day or two but the problem just comes back.

Tivo is connected with hard wire.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I too am having this problem - it works fine for a couple of days then 'we're having trouble.....' then nothing works - the only resolution is to reboot the Tivo box.

I have tried wireless and Ethernet as well as reducing resolution on the Tivo as suggested elsewhere - problem persists. I have a 350 mb line and am getting close to max.Netflix is the only service i am having this problem with and can get it fine on the smart tv

any help appreciated

S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still having this issue with Netflix

It shows the home page, it will play a trailer however when I try to play either a program I've been watching or a new program the film starts to load, gets to about 85% and then shows a page saying, "we're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title".

I tried Netflix online support and they sent me to this page

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/59990 

I went through the steps:

1. reboot set-top box

2. hardware, cables

Still didn't fix anything

Netflix page suggests:

If these steps do not resolve your issue, there may be an issue with the Digital Rights Management (DRM) software on your device. Reach out to your device manufacturer for further assistance.

ANY help very welcome as at the moment its unusable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to this link I've solved the issue for now:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Netflix-doesn-t-work/m-p/4306472#M192114 

Seems like you need to remove the power supply AND the HDMI, wait a good 2 mins, then reconnect

I'd actually got a call back from Virgin, she rebooted all the connections and made me unplug the ethernet and use wiFi. 

None of this worked but when I rebooted the box AND removed the HDMI it all worked, I reconnected the power first then the HDMI not sure if this matters though.

This also fixed the Amazon Prime fault (similar)

0 Kudos