Menu
Laura_tivey
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix and other streaming apps - connection drops

Hi there

I’ve been having ongoing issues with my TiVo box for the past 6 months. Every time I watch Neflix, the connection drops after about 15 mins. I then have to either restart the TiVo box or wait 10 minutes for it to load back again. When I try to diagnose the problem, it says that’s it’s to do with my signal/connection. Would it be possible to get a new TV box installed?

Thanks, Laura 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and other streaming apps - connection drops

@Laura_tivey wrote:

When I try to diagnose the problem, it says that’s it’s to do with my signal/connection

Where is it that you are diagnosing and being told this?

When your streaming session stops, do you have any flashing green lights on the front-left of your TiVo?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Laura_tivey
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

I just run a test on my signal to see what the problem is and it says there’s something wrong with the connection. I can’t recall seeing a green light but I’ll check when it drops this evening.

thanks, Laura

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Laura_tivey wrote:

I just run a test on my signal to see what the problem is

What test, where?

The light you're looking for, is the second-from-left on the front-left of the TiVo, it has a painted heart symbol next to it. It's the "Online" light and represents the TiVo's inbuilt 'net connection.

If it's flashing, the 'net connection has failed and your box therefore can't do anything online. Streaming, OnDemand. TV Guide updates, etc.

It's likely a box fault if this is happening.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Laura_tivey
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes that’s exactly what it’s doing, so it must be a fault with the box. How can I order for a replacement? I’ve tried to call the virgin media telephone line a few times but I’ve not been able to get through to an advisor, due to the lines being busy. 

Thanks, Laura

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Laura_tivey wrote:

Yes that’s exactly what it’s doing, so it must be a fault with the box. How can I order for a replacement? I’ve tried to call the virgin media telephone line a few times but I’ve not been able to get through to an advisor, due to the lines being busy.

You're doing what you need to do. Keep trying. C/S are open from 8am every day.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey @Laura_tivey,

Thanks for posting on our forums, I have been able to locate your account and can see that the input levels to your box are a lot lower than they should be at for a fully working service. This would need a technician visit to resolve the issue and if a new box is needed the technician will be able to install that but fixing the signal issues should resolve your issue.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking.

Regards

Steven_L