Menu
PetersonZF
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Netflix and iPlayer Regularly Cut Out, Cannot Get Through to Phone Support

We have an issue with streaming services on our TiVo box.  On both Netflix and iPlayer, we'll be watching something and it'll almost always cut out at some point with a connection problem.  If we wait a few minutes and restart Netflix/iPlayer it's usually alright again for a while.

I tried having the ethernet plugged in, as well as the Virgin cable, but it hasn't improved it.

I did the remote diagnostic via Virgin support and it detects a problem with the TiVo box.  We've tried phoning support several times, as instructed, and can never get through.

Any ideas?  Can we deal with someone via email or something to resolve it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and iPlayer Regularly Cut Out, Cannot Get Through to Phone Support

I'm going to assume you are using a TiVo & not a V6... check here if you're not sure.

The Ethernet connection is only used for connecting multiple TiVo & V6 in your home, if you only have one box, then it's not used.

As far as using OnDemand & Streaming apps are concerned, the TiVo has 2 issues...

1: It's fundamentally an old box, and doesn't cope well with the streaming apps. There's no way of getting around this, changing to a V6 if you can - is absolutely the way to go.

2: The onboard internet fails, rendering the box offline with no internet connection. On the front-left of your box there's a series of green lights. Second from left has a "heart" symbol painted and is the online light. If this flashes, the internet is offline so anything that uses the internet, won't work. That's a fault.

You're best calling Virgin Media in either instance - either to discuss a box-swap/new package deal, or to report your faulty box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
PetersonZF
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and iPlayer Regularly Cut Out, Cannot Get Through to Phone Support

Hiya,

Thanks, I suspected as much.  Problem is, my wife and I can't get them on the phone!  We've been trying on and off for days, but with work and looking after our toddler, there's only so long one can sit on hold in one stint. 😕

0 Kudos