Menu
AlanJP50
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Stalling complaint

Netflix has stalled through TiVo box for some time. Complained through form and have received Ref: C-1901212242 and request to contact tech team to resolve issue.

Tried several times, giving up after 30mins.

Can anyone help please.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix Stalling complaint

OnDemand & Streaming services on the TiVo (NOT the V6) have two issues:

1: The box is quite old and runs old hardware, it can struggle with the streaming apps (iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube) especially and this is one (of a few) reason why the additional apps are only available on the V6. There isn't any way of sugar-coating this, I'm afraid.

2: All OnDemand & streaming apps rely on an internet connection, the TiVo's is in-built (separate from your home broadband) but this often fails without users realising. On the front-left of the box are a series of green lights, the second-from-left has a painted heart symbol next to it and is your "online" light. A static light is good, but a flashing heartbeat lights means the TiVo's internet connection has failed. Anything relying on the internet will fail when this happens.

Scenario 2 is a fault, and you should report it to Virgin Media on the usual number (150 from VM, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone). It may be an external network fault, but is often a box failure & replacement.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
AlanJP50
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have since watched Netflix on both tv and laptop via WiFi. TiVo box is connected to hub and stalls after 5mins

It would seem to be a box failure and/or hub connection portals.

When i can contact tech team i shall update them with problem and hope for the best.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Are you using a Tivo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

TiVo boxes don't use your home internet connection, they have a connection inbuilt - see my previous post.

V6 boxes use your home internet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
AlanJP50
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a TiVo box. Should it be connected to the hub by ethernet cable or by WiFi?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo boxes don't use your home internet connection, they have a connection inbuilt for all 'net-based functions (OnDemand, streaming & EPG updates)

TiVo boxes don't have WiFi, if you want to stream programmes between multiple TiVo/V6 in your home, then TiVo's need an Ethernet connection to your router. The Ethernet port doesn't serve any other purpose.

0 Kudos