Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix! Keeps crashing saying poor connection, but Tivo box connected with ethernet cable!

Why does Netflix keep crashing?  We can't watch anything.  It's always buffering then crashing.  With a poor connection error message.  But our Tivo box is connected with an ethernet cable so no excuse for a poor conection.  Honestly it's getting ridiculous now.  

It can't just be because everyone is home and watching Netflix can it?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix! Keeps crashing saying poor connection, but Tivo box connected with ethernet cable!

I am a field tech, it could be the ethanet cable the other solution is switching the v6 off at the back for about 10 seconds, give it ago 

Send Me a PM!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU ****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix! Keeps crashing saying poor connection, but Tivo box connected with ethernet cable!

Hello.  Thank you for your kind reply!  Unfortunately that doesn't work.  We have tried re-setting/re-booting/turning off and on and nothing works.  From reading these forums I think the problem may be that we don't have a V6 box.  I think we have the older style and the V6 is the newer one?  Lots of people seem to be saying that Netflix does not now work well with the older boxes as it has gotten so large or something, and really we need an upgraded box.  Could this be possible?  If so, how do we go about getting an upgrade?  Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You might strugle at the moment can you access through your Tv or amazon prime or maybe a games station just to get u through for the time being. When work gets back to normal simple upgrade.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos