Menu
EJS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Issues

I am unable to access Netflix via my TV and TiVo box. When I click on the Netflix icon on my tv it opens then goes back to the icon again. It works fine on my iPad. Please help.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Issues

If you're selecting a Netflix icon on your TV, then this has nothing to do with your Virgin TV box as your TV is likely connecting to your home internet directly.

If you're selecting the Netflix app on your TiVo or V6... can you watch OnDemand programmes ok, these use the same internet connection?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
EJS1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. The tv works on all other channels and Amazon Prime, etc. Incidentally, how do I access Netflix via my TiVo? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Any apps or menu options that you're selecting on your smart-TV are nothing to do with your Virgin box, unless your TV is connected to Virgin home broadband in which case they're ultimately using your Virgin home internet.

On your TiVo box, there's a few ways to access the Netflix app.

Home > Apps > All apps > Netflx

Home > Search & Explore > Netflix

Press red from Channel 204

It's only fair to point out the TiVo (as opposed to the V6) is quite an old box, and does struggle with running the streaming apps that it carries. If you're using them a lot and have VM broadband, the V6 is a much better box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

EJS1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

May thanks for your helpful reply.

0 Kudos
EJS1
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just checked and I do have a V6 rather than a TiVo box!

0 Kudos