Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix Issue

We have a couple of TiVo boxes that we have signed into Netflix with. One box works alright but the other one is having connection issues every 10-15 minutes intermittently.

When the connection drops, I run the Netflix network check in the app and it fails to connect to the Netflix servers. When it is working it connects to all of them, but we only get about 3mbps through the coax connection. Is that normal? Netflix requirements says it needs higher speeds to play HD video. I have tried connecting the super hub directly to the back of the TiVo box but it continues to use the coax connection over the 200mbps Ethernet connection we have to the house.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix Issue

Hi as you have posted on the TiVo section I assume you don't have a V6 box, the older TiVo boxes have built in modems but are outdated so that maybe the problem, I have a V6 & don't have any problems with any apps.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, they are older TiVo boxes.

Are there any tests that I can do on the box to check the signal I am getting from Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi apart from clicking on check service status top right corner of this page to see if the service in your area is affected by outage, if it was a signal level issue, your images would be pixalated, Your problem is internet related, which will be overcome by getting V6s, I'm not a salesman for Virgin, just a customer like you, as I have said the older TiVo boxes have had thier day.Regards Micky
0 Kudos