Menu
avw5
Joining in
Message 81 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix 25% buffering problem on TiVo box

I have had this same issue for some time 

Wired connection Tivo v6 box , Samsung smart TV 

I was told by Virgin 9 months ago the issue was lack of bandwidth in my area at the local exchange and that Virgin would address this by end of last year --- this has come and gone , still same issue

i can watch BBC i Player and all virgin on demand services with no issue , films tv shows etc --- Netflix via virgin refuses to load --- it will to begin with , buffers --- even to 99% then just refuses to play . I have tried changing days of the week , times etc all to no avail

longstanding Virgin customer about to go to SKY as cannot see a way forward 

any help please?

0 Kudos
steveA1
Tuning in
Message 82 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Virgin kindly replaced my old router with a new one and that solved the problem.

0 Kudos
avw5
Joining in
Message 83 of 88
Flag for a moderator

thank you --- i will ask for the same and see where that gets me --- is there anyone from Virgin on this Forum who can help me please???? 

0 Kudos
avw5
Joining in
Message 84 of 88
Flag for a moderator

No one from Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 85 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Hi avw5.

Thanks for posting on our Community.

Thanks for the response steveA1.

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issue with your Netflix as it keeps on buffer at 25%.

I just want to ask if you have tried to access your Netflix account using a different device like mobile or computer? Is it working there?

Can you try to connect the Ethernet cable of your TV box directly to your internet hub and see if the Netflix will still on buffering? As this can be a an internet signal issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Victoria_M

0 Kudos
whitfies
Joining in
Message 86 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I'm another person with Netflix buffering issues, although mine are a little different to the ones above...

We get the buffering stuck at 24% a fair bit but do a 'back up' and try it again and it usually works.  This is live-able.  Our issue is watching Netflix and the resolution drops, then it tries buffering for a minute or two and often continues at the lower res then might pick up to higher res and we might have this interruption multiple times during a programme, and sometimes so bad we have to abandon.  It feels like this situation happens about one evening in 2, and is very frustrating.  We tend to watch and have these issues between 8pm-10pm which I guess is perhaps peak time.  We don't seem to have the same issues streaming with Amazon Prime, Apple TV, ITV Hub, BBC iPlayer etc.

We run all these apps from our Samsung smart TV, not from our V6 box.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Stuart

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 87 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for getting in touch with your concerns, I'm sorry that you've had difficulty watching On Demand content.

Just to clarify, are you struggling with Netflix via the TV itself? If so, we can only support with this to a certain extent as it relates to third party equipment.

This buffering is likely the result of a poor broadband connection. Are you trying to watch over a wired or wireless connection?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
whitfies
Joining in
Message 88 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rachael, this is the Netflix app on the Samsung TV with a wired connection into the V6 box and out onto Virgin broadband,

0 Kudos