Menu
pnefc
On our wavelength
Message 41 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix 25% buffering problem on TiVo box

Oddly, I’ve switched from my Ethernet connection, which went via a power line socket, to WiFi and it’s been ok ever since. Made the switch a could of weeks back.

i wonder if some of the v6 boxes have a faulty Ethernet port.

i also tested with a long cable to rule out the power line socket

0 Kudos
thedominie
Tuning in
Message 42 of 88
Flag for a moderator

I also have this buffering problem. We have high speed Virgin internet but you try to watch a programme on Netflix and it does the 25% buffering thing 5 or 6 times during a 50 minute show.

It's quite ridiculous when paying well over £100 each month to Virgin for the service we are subscribed to.

Will be looking out for new provider in the New Year.

Mazzarati
Joining in
Message 43 of 88
Flag for a moderator

We got a new Tivo box from Virgin a couple of weeks ago and get this problem constantly with Netflix buffering at 25%. We called Virgin 3 times last week and were on the phone for TWO HOURS to them yesterday. Even set up a brand new Netflix account and still having the same problem. I then found your response online which was so helpful, but am somewhat dismayed that your post is from nearly two years ago and this problem still persists. Any further info you can offer (so I can then tell Virgin, who should obviously helping me, not the other way around grrrrrr!)

0 Kudos
Barraboy494
Tuning in
Message 44 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Right listen in. After listening to VM's totally incompetent laughingly named customer service, hours on the phone to VM, and hours on hold the answer is simple. Some TIVO boxes are duff, plain and simple. After a month of pestering VM one of their Indian call centre guys spelled it all out to me and advised me to replace TIVO with V6. I did and the problem has gone.
Why they couldn't have told me this a month ago and avoided a lot of frustration and anger I don't know but there it is, forget filters, cables, workrounds etc, some of their TIVO boxes are duff.
0 Kudos
pnefc
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 88
Flag for a moderator

We have a V6 and still get the problem, although fairly infrequent since switching from Ethernet to WiFi. We had the normal TiVo before that and never had a problem with it at all
0 Kudos
Vurginnomedia
On our wavelength
Message 46 of 88
Flag for a moderator

I now believe the problem is with Netflix...I now have a youview by box and the problem happens with it...the diagnostics showed the internet connection was operational but the 4 Netflix servers could not be connected to.
SteerPike
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Agreed, I came to this conclusion in this thread back in September.

Without doubt the problem is with Netflix.

thedominie
Tuning in
Message 48 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Why does Netflix work on every other device in my house apart from TiVo!!
0 Kudos
Vurginnomedia
On our wavelength
Message 49 of 88
Flag for a moderator

Well, I'm confirming it doesn't always work on my bt youview+ box. Once it happened several times within an hour and I found my usual fixes didn't work I.e. restarting Netflix App, youview box ...and finally restarted router box...hadn't Rebooted that in weeks and it could be errors on the line gradually decreased operational speed to lower than Netflix requires...after router reboot..did not see the Netflix problem resurface for days.
Bonobo1889
Joining in
Message 50 of 88
Flag for a moderator

So I am just reading through all this. Am I correct in understanding, that after 2 years, there is no answer to this and Virgin are not really going to be able to help me ? 

I called them and they told me to re-boot, it worked for about 24 hrs. Then based on some forum advice, i deleted my user history, worked for half a day.

Now Virgin are sending a technician, but I am gathering in the long run this probably wont help ? and I need to find some other way of streaming Netflix on the TV ?

N

0 Kudos