Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix 25% buffering problem on TiVo box

I cancelled my Netflix subscription some months ago because of this problem.

I experienced frequent "freezing" at 25% on both TiVo and Sony Bravia but never saw the problem on PC or Kindle.

I discussed the issue with Netflix and VM sent an engineer to tweak settings but the problem persisted and so I gave up.

I will subscribe to Netflix when I am convinced that the problem has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 97
Flag for a moderator

I stopped using my 2nd TiVo box 2 months ago...and since then I've only had 1 buffering issue...whereas I used to get about 10 a day when both were powered on...suspect Netflix App doesn't properly handle multiple devices hanging off 1 home junction even though the boxes have unique IP addresses
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Am off poorly & thought I'd watch a film on Netflix whilst feeling sorry for myself on the sofa. After 20 attempts I've given up, it buffers at 25% then tells me to basically go away. I can watch Netflix on my phone & iPad just not the tv, which indicates to me the bloody rubbish TiVo box (brand new btw, old one was even more rubbish) no joy. Am sick of paying VM £90 a month, rubbish wifi, catch up problems & most of all Netflix problems 😤
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 97
Flag for a moderator

If you have 2 TiVo boxes make sure only one is powered on at a time..I've not had any buffering issues for months now
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hi no I only have the one box, we watched monsters v aliens today, only had to reset it twice, I still don't understand what the problem is tbh & as I don't have probs with my Netflix account on my pc, iPad & iPhone I know it's the virgin box!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 26 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hello Debbied30,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing problems with Netflix.

I can see there are some signal problems with your TiVo® box that I would like an engineer to take a look at so I'm just going to pop you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 27 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Has this problem been sorted yet? We are having the same problem and it's extremely frustrating.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Its fixed in my area CM23. The root of my investigation revealed there was a capacity issue in my area i.e. too many users of the fibre....once they increased capacity and I returned my 2nd Tivo box I had no issues. So, not sure if the capacity or the 2nd tivo box was ultimately to blame. Call customer support and ask if there is a capacity issue in your area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 29 of 97
Flag for a moderator

I'm having this issue as well. Netflix is pretty unwatchable in the evenings I have 200MB broadband.

Is there anyone can help. 

Tried the Support Desk but they just checked the Tivo box & rebooted it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 30 of 97
Flag for a moderator

Hi roscoe44,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're haivng toruble with Netflix.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with your input signal levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon 😄

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos