Menu
Backinday
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netfix through TIVO not working properly

I don't think I am alone in having this problem, but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer. Simply, Netflix through the TIVO is really unstable. It is rare that a programme runs for more than 10 mins without freezing and we get the message telling us that the programme cannot be watched just now and saying we should try again later.. However, when streamed to my phone using the internet wireless connection via my router (ie part of the same package with Virgin, not through my data allowance from my phone provider which isn't Virgin) there is no problem. My wife tells me that sometimes iPlayer through TIVO is also a problem, but I can't confirm that.  I rarely use Youtube through TIVO , but I can't recall any particular problem.

We could just stream Netflix through an internet browser, but since I am paying to do it through the box, I want to. Is it possible a box problem? It has no problem with the tv channels.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Rebooting the TIVO box doesn't solve the problem, before anyone asks.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netfix through TIVO not working properly

The old TiVo boxes seem to struggle with all the streaming apps.  Need to upgrade to a V6 or TV360 really

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
Backinday
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I confirmed this was a helpful answer, but the mb seems to therefore think it is 'Solved'?

I'm new here...

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

An answer I've just put in another post, to a very similar question, seems appropriate to put here too...

TiVo boxes often have 2 issues that affect streaming apps in general..

1: It's an old box running old hardware, there's no getting around that. A V6 box (if you have VM broadband) is the answer.

2: The inbuilt internet connection fails, rendering the box offline. On the front-left of the TiVo are a series of green lights, second-from-left is the "online" light. If this ever flashes, the internal modem is offline. That's a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos