Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Need to replace remote control

How on earth do you get through to VM to order a replacement remote control for a Tivo box? I`m totally frustrated as can not get to speak to anyone or get any sense out of the help items. My remote does NOT work. It is broken. I need a new one. Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to replace remote control

Hi MFM1,

A silly question, but have you tried new batteries?

To order a replacement temote you need the TV Faults option when dialling 150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111,options 1,1 and 2but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried all of the above; NONE OF THEM WORK. I’ve spent the whole afternoon trying to get through to VM. Absolutely disgusted with them. 

If not sorted by end of today I will be cancelling my whole account. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

Thanks for your advice. I had already changed the batteries and have now checked they are OK by inserting in to another device. So not that. 

I cann`t call at 8 am as I`m out at work by then. So not a solution for me. 

When I phone I just get routed through the automatic system which is not helpful. I`ll try a text but really thinking of putting in a complaint, and buying a new remote from Amazon. Hey ho...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi  MFM1,

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, if that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

I tried that originally and just kept getting the automatic series of questions and then disconnected. Called back and same process. However I`ll try again - fingers crossed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Eureka ... took time off work to try the 8am call and finally got through to a real person. Replacement on its way in 7-10 days so still awkward as the app doesn`t work well for me, but at least a result!!
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning MFM1,

Thanks for confirming this for us.

Has the remote control now arrived to you?

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

i am having the same trouble .so annoyed .some of my buttons dont work on the remote and i cant get a replacement .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear this shirlelite,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you've been unable to order a new remote control.

If you check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner, for a message from me, I'll seek to pass data protection with you to order the new remote

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos