Menu
mariacrawford
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Need to book an engineer

Hi my box has been playing up recently. Most evenings the picture and sounds freezes and jumps back and forth for about 2 minutes and then carries on as normal. Was trying not to call an engineer due to Covid disrupting call centres etc. Last night the box turned itself off and "Starting up" came on the screen. Waited awhile but nothing happened then the screen went blank. This kept happening for about 5 minutes and the lights on the front of the box kept flashing and turning on and off. There is also a blue light on the front of the box which I have never seen before, Can anyone offer any help or advise how I can book an engineer. I have tried turning everything off and on again and I have also tried phoning Virgin but the message says due to Covid you should go online. Many thanks

0 Kudos
mariacrawford
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need to book an engineer

Sorry should have said that I now have no tv service thanks
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need to book an engineer

Hiya - I'm afraid to say, you will need to call this one in. You're right to observe that Virgin's C/S has a few issues at the moment and they are trying to discourage queries that can be dealt with by other means, from queuing.

It does sound like your box has failed or at the very least needs some surgery (technical term!!) and this can't be dealt with online. You may well need an engineer visit or replacement box, and you are now best off calling in to report this.

Once you've chosen the options on the IVR for "I have a fault with my TV service", ignore all the suggestions to "go online", "get a link" or whatever else it says...press nothing and wait. You'll join the call queue and hopefully an agent can progress this for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks