Menu
fallen121
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Need to Upgrade to Watch Show I Just Paused?

Just to confirm - we have rebooted and reset our Tivo box and this has NOT resolved our issue.

We have been watching The Blacklist on Catchup. All 8 seasons and shows are included in our package.

We were watching Season Episode 11 and my husband and we paused it. Then when my husband went to re-start the show he dropped the remote. Then we got a message to say we needed to upgrade to continue watching. We went through all the shows and all the seasons and ALL are still included in our package apart from this one episode. This particular episode is now marked "upgrade to watch". None of the other episodes in this series are affected. All are still marked "included in your package". None of the rest of the seasons are affected.

We've tried rebooting the box and also re-watching the previous episode and asking to watch the next episode but it just skips from 10 to 12.

What have we done and how can we fix this? As already watched about 15 minutes of it this is very frustrating. How can you get locked out a show just by dropping the remote?

Just to emphasize - rebooting the box does NOT FIX THIS.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need to Upgrade to Watch Show I Just Paused?

Let's check some specifics, which I think you've alluded to but may help to be 100% sure...

Firstly your TV package is Maxit? I ask because boxsets are only included in Maxit bundle, and this content seems to be boxset.

Sometimes the options presented can differ slightly depending how you've navigated around the TiVo-ecosystem, but the underlying VoD listings should be identical. I've just searched for this episode, found it and it's available in HD & SD, both showing "Subscribed" and I now have S8 E11 playing with no issues. How are you navigating to this - are you using the OnDemand > BoxSet menus? Or using "Search & Explore"?

Can you try watching another boxset, preferably from one of the Sky channels but perhaps another broadcaster like Fox. Do you get "subscribed" as you'd expect, there?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
fallen121
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes we have Maxit.

Blacklist is not listed under Boxsets A-Z for us, accessing it via On Demand, Search then typing in B then moving to the left and selecting Blacklist, The. They all show up as UHD. We don't have the option of HD or SD.It then comes up with the Series and clicking on Series 7 then scrolling through all the episodes. 

We can play all the other episodes.

0 Kudos
fallen121
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just watched Perfect Harmony on Fox as you suggested. We don't get "Subscribed" we get "Included in Your Package"

0 Kudos
fallen121
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've located "Subscribed" and it's listed as being under "Sky One". Going in that way I can now watch it. You are a marvel. This Community is excellent. Thank you so much 🙂

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@fallen121 wrote:

Blacklist is not listed under Boxsets A-Z for us, accessing it via On Demand, Search then typing in B then moving to the left and selecting Blacklist, The. They all show up as UHD. We don't have the option of HD or SD.It then comes up with the Series and clicking on Series 7 then scrolling through all the episodes.

Although you've solved this query, you've hinted at something else here... which might be worth knowing as an FYI.

Maxit includes all the boxsets in HD & SD. Sky UHD OnDemand content is under a separate subscription and not included with Maxit.

The vast majority of Sky UHD OnDemand programmes are also available in HD and/or SD - and for these you'll see "upgrade to watch" against the UHD version, but "subscribed" against HD & SD. There's some stuff that is only in UHD, and requires the additional sub.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On the 360, the pilot and seasons 1 to 7 are available in UHD.

All series and episodes are available in SD and HD via catch up and on demand on the 360, so it should be the same on the TIVO.

Possibly the TIVO is asking you to upgrade to watch the previous  7 series in UHD, but that doesn't explain the missing episode 11 in series 8.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Possibly the TIVO is asking you to upgrade to watch the previous  7 series in UHD, but that doesn't explain the missing episode 11 in series 8.

I'm not sure there is a missing episode. It's showing fine for me, and the OP has found it via other means.

But yes, the underlying VoD assets should be the same.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts,

Yes I was pleased to that the OP had now found the missing episode. - it was posted whilst I was still typing. 

I'm still a little slow typing with my left hand - I must do better, or edit my posts 🤣

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ah... ye olde dreaded crossed post!

0 Kudos