Menu
rik321
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Need replacement remote for Tivo box

Trying to order a replacement remote for one of our TiVo boxes.

Got on to your order screen and was offered a 'FREE' replacement. The order process keeps failing, and asks me to start again. Tried 4 times now - still not getting confirmation of my order request.

Two questions please:

1. Can someone send me a new remote please?
  2. Don't send me all 4 if my request has got through.

Best regards

rik

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need replacement remote for Tivo box

If the online process isn't working for you you'll have to phone in on the usual numbers to order one. The VM Forum staff here can't do it for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
rik321
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, but if by the "...usual numbers" when I last tried to report a fault during lockdown it doesn't work.

Waited for ages to get through the auto-menu and recorded announcements. Was then told me go online, and the number cleared - hung up!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A common complaint, but also come with a common answer..

Once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", the IVR will offer extra options for "press x to go online", "press y to get a link". Ignore them and don't press anything. Just wait.

Sometimes the automated system may run tests and then hang up. If that happens, just redial immediately and refer to the points above.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@rik321 wrote:

Trying to order a replacement remote for one of our TiVo boxes.

Got on to your order screen and was offered a 'FREE' replacement. The order process keeps failing, and asks me to start again. Tried 4 times now - still not getting confirmation of my order request.

Best regards

rik

Have you tried a different browser, incognito tab, or cleared cache/cookies so the browser doesn't keep loading the same error page stored in memory?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
rik321
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried a different browser and no different. Well worth a try but sorry - no cigar.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @rik321

Thank you for your post regarding the error you are experiencing when you try to order a replacement remote for your TiVo box.

Have you tried clearing the cache / cookies for your browser?

Unfortunately we are unable to order a replacement remote for you from here. Please can you give our TV Faults department a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 press 1, then 2 and then 2 again to get through to them.

Please let me know how you get on 🙂

Serena

rik321
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Serena_C

Thank you - sorted!

I tried the web page again with a 3rd web browser. Started by clearing all cookies. It still faulted giving me the same error message, but trying again asked me have the web reference available once I spoke to someone.

The woman I got through to was most helpful and is getting a replacement remote sent out to me.

In case anyone needs the browser error response:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/error-606.html?support_id=13120111698521680212

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ah brilliant, glad to hear a replacement remote has been sorted and that you received helpful customer service on the phone 🙂 Thank you for letting us know!

Have a lovely day,

Serena