Menu
PaulWoodley
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Need Tivo engineer

I have a Tivo box that has stopped working. I've tried rebooting it many times and switching cables. It's definitely dead. But I cannot for the life of me get an engineer booked with Virgin. I have lost count of the times I've answered the same question on their website then again on the phone then again on my mobile. They must have tested the equipment at least 8 times now but at no point have I been able to speak to anyone at all or found anywhere to book an engineer. I'm running round in circles and am at the end of my tether.
How on earth do I get an engineer out?????

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need Tivo engineer

The forum team here can arrange tech visits, although you may be waiting a day or so for a response. Just leave the thread dormant & someone should respond shortly.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Quite often, after you call and the system runs diagnostics, if you redial immediately you should bypass those checks and go into the queue for an agent. Just keep the keypresses to a minimum to select "I have a fault" and nothing else.

If that fails - then yes, hang around here and staff should pick this post up in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post @PaulWoodley, and a very warm welcome to you!

I believe that you've been able to speak to our team to have an engineer booked for you

Do please update the thread to advise us how this has gone and if you need further assistance, feel free to come back to us

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos