Menu
pmcgrath1972
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Need TiVO box reactivated

I recently received a V6 box as a replacement for one of my TiVo boxes. I self-installed the V6 without any issues however my 2nd TiVO box which was working fine now needs re-activating (error 7400). After spending literally hours on the phone at the weekend; on hold, getting cut off just as I was about to speak to a technical guy etc..I am no further forward and apparently a complaint has been issued on my behalf. The woman I was speaking to was incredibly helpful but unfortunately couldn't resolve the issue (which appears to be as simple as sending an activation signal). Can someone tell me how to get this resolved or escalated?

Thanks

0 Kudos
revicam
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need TiVO box reactivated

I have almost the same problem but don't have a solution unfortunately. On Sat I had a second box installed which all went smoothly until I tried the original box. It now gives me the 7400 error code, so it looks like my second box was installed as a replacement instead of additional. After 2 hours of speaking with CS (1 hour on Sat, 1 hour on Sun, although mostly on hold) I was told an engineer needs to come out and this will be done on 13th Jan.

Surely it can be done remotely like you suggest!

0 Kudos
revicam
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

UPDATE:

I spoke to someone really helpful on technical support and he sorted out my problem very quickly. Basically he was able to send the activation signals to the boxes to get both of them working with my account and I now have 2 working boxes.

This is the number I used: 0800 953 9500

0 Kudos
pmcgrath1972
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, is that the 0800 equivalent of the 150 number or something different? Don't think I have the patience to call 150 yet again (and still have to listen to a song about "a girl from Brazil" !!)

0 Kudos
revicam
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not sure. It sounded similar, but I was connected in 20 minutes this time. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi pmcgrath1972,

0800 953 9500 is the dedicated activation line. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
pmcgrath1972
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This is an absolute joke. Is there no-one on this board that is technical and can sort this out without resorting to wasting my life away, allegedly on hold on the phone? This has been raised as a complaint yesterday but obviously it's not got any priority!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to say, but the previous advice to call in to resolve Error 7400 is correct, it's not something that can be resolved online.

VM's complaints process can take upto 28days to respond (https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-of-practice ), so I wouldn't wait on a response to that before getting your box activated.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pmcgrath1972
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Finally, finally. Got sorted in 15 mins after some great help to pair the smart card inside the box correctly. Quite why this took 4 phone calls, I don't know.

As an aside, the phone system is a shambles. You get cut off after exactly an hour after being "on hold". Then I called on my landline, again being put in hold. Tried again at the same time in my mobile and got straight through after 3 attempts! What? That makes no sense. Advice, never go on hold, keep redialling and you'll eventually get through.

0 Kudos