Menu
Briancowley1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

N27 error code

i keep getting this N27 error code despite all cables being good and connections being tight.
it happens when playing back recorded shows. or using the on demand thingy.

the diagnostic via the service status website says its found a problem and the TiVo box needs to be re-started.
it is resolved for a few days by powering down the TiVO box and re-starting. so clearly not an ethernet cable unplugged issue.

Do i need to phone virgin to get the box replaced.

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: N27 error code

Hi there @Briancowley1

Thanks so much for your post - sorry that you're having some issues with your TV service at the moment; thanks for already checking for your connections for us. 

I have located your account from your forum information - are you having the issue on both your boxes or just one of them? 

Pop back when you can and we can assist you further if needed via Private Message 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Briancowley1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks for getting back to me

the second TiVo box is used by my teenage son, he says he has not had any issues with the Error code. however after the first instance I did power-down both TiVo boxes as a precaution.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this for us. 

Has the error code reappeared since doing this?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Briancowley1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The error code has appeared 3 times in all.

the first and second times, I ran the diagnostic which said there was a fault and the TiVo needs to be powered down and re-started.

the third time, I just powered down and re-started anyway.

i have run the diagnostic since then, without the error code coming up first. The result was the same. There's a fault and the TiVo needs to be powered down and re-started.

all cables are properly connected and undamaged.

0 Kudos
Briancowley1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update 

my wife has just told me that there have been two more occasions, when I was not there, when this error has come up and she has powered down and re started the TiVo

so that is five in total. Each time when watching something on catchup or from a recorded series.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that this is still happening for you Briancowley1.

I would like to take a further look into this but would need to do this over a private message to look into your box but first we need to pass account security, which we will over the private message.

I will drop the private message over in a moment.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos