Menu
Swinno1967
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

N27 connection issue- faulty box

TiVo box is showing an N27 connection problem saying network cable is unplugged. All connections have been checked and secured, hub and box have been rebooted but issue is still the same. Have replaced the Ethernet cable between TiVo and hub but still get same issue. Hub is working fine all other tablets/phones/ laptops connect to internet without a problem. Looks like a problem with the TiVo box, normal TV channels ok But can’t get Catchup, Netflix etc. Need an engineer call out!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: N27 connection issue- faulty box

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? If a V6, have you tried connecting via WiFi, just for elimination purposes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Swinno1967
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have got a V6 box, but when I go into network settings menu it doesn't give any option to connect via wifi just 3 options:

Connect to Vrigin Media Service now

View Network Status

View Network diagnostics

Option 1 just gives the network cable unplugged error when selected, the other 2 options are just information fields

All the other guides for V6 I've found reference wifi setup in the installation guide and not when box has already been setup on ethernet connection and working without issue since we got it more than a year ago

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You won’t be able to try connecting by WiFi until you remove the Ethernet cable from the V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Swinno1967
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the help, connects perfectly over WiFi so obviously something wrong with the Ethernet port on the V6 box, Now comes the challenge of how to contact Virgin and get a replacement!!

thanks again, much appreciated 👍🏻

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I still wouldn't rule out a fault with the Hub.  Have you rebooted it and tried other ethernet ports?

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
Swinno1967
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, used a different Ethernet cable and checked with different ports, all return the same result so thinks it’s the box 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swinno1967, 

Really sorry you're having these issues and for the delay in getting back to you. 

I've had a look at the back end of things and can't see any issues from here. 

Has this been sorted since you posted?

If not then let us know and we can look at replacing the box if needed.

Thanks.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Swinno1967
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma

I've connected the box top the router via wif-fi for the moment and it's working fine, but I would prefer to have it connected through ethernet cable as it was before. As I have swapped and tested with a new ethernet cable I know the issue is either associated with the hub or the Virgin box so would appreciate if you could assess and send out a new box and\or hub to see oif this resolves the problem.

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swinno,

You can test the hub ethernet ports by removing all the ethernet cables then re-attach one cable into port 1 and 2 at the same time, then the same cable into ports 1 and 3, 1 and 4 etc and check to make sure both ports light up

If one of the ports fails to light up when testing using the above method then then that hub port will appear to be faulty.

You should double check the above with a different cable to also rule out any faulty cables.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos