Menu
khickey88
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My tivo box is slow

• My tivo box is really slow it gets to the point I don't bother using the media services and apps because it takes that long. Also ever so often I lose sound completely and have to restart it. The box is over 5 years old surely there is a better box available. 
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My tivo box is slow

While the TiVo box is quite capable of running live TV and basic apps, it has long been supervised by the newer V6. If you have home broadband with VM, which is a requirement for the V6, it would certainly be a lot faster than your TiVo.

Depending how long you've had your package, you may be able to negotiate a new bundle with Virgin C/S that includes a V6 box as part of it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

daniel2004
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I would definitely suggest contacting VM as this is a very common issue with the old TiVo box and I would request a new V6 box as it is much faster.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi khickey88,

Thank you for posting on the forums and a belated welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing a few difficulties with your Tivo box. I would advise clearing your suggestions first, as this has been known to resolve any unresponsiveness or slowness of the box itself. 

To do this, can you please head over to My Shows > Suggestions. You can then delete these suggestions individually or select the entire folder and press 'clear'.

Let me know if that helps at all.

Beth

0 Kudos