cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My stepdaughters Tivo box has stopped working

wildheart
Tuning in

We have 3 boxes in the house and i didnt realise until a few days ago that the one in my stepdaughters room is an old Tivo box say said first it said it couldnt update and now it has stopped working.

I have tried the online chat to get it sorted and it didnt work then i rang customer services and all they did was send a link and it said i needed to book a technician which i think is a waste of time because i think it just needs replacing due to its age.

has anyone got any suggestions on what i can do because i think its a waste of a technicians time?

6 REPLIES 6

wildheart
Tuning in

Ok after managing to speak to someone in customer services i have been told they cant replace the broken box i will have to upgrade my package and it may cost me more.Not happy

There are others better on TV boxes on here than me but my understanding is that the old Tivo would be replaced with a V6 box but your contract should stay the same. Exercise your 14 day cooling off period if you have already upgraded your package due to CS advice. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In what way has the TiVo stopped working, can you explain the symptoms?

The boxes remain fully supported for fault replacements and you're entitled to free servicing under your subscription - you would get TiVo replaced with a V6 providing you have VM home broadband.

Your package has nothing to do with your service fault, but it's likely someone is trying to sell you a conversion to TV360 which is a totally different TV service. You should only accept this offer with a full understanding of the consequences, which are very similar to that of "my Android phone is broken, I can offer you an Apple to replace it".

You should accept the offer a technician visit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well at first she couldnt pull up the tv guide then she got a message saying updating had ceased for the box,then she starting losing channels and it finally stopped altogether.

We do have VM home broadband so that isnt a problem at all.

Thats what i thought about the package there was no way i was going to change it for a box that is faulty when they should either repair it or just replace it.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wildheart wrote:

Well at first she couldnt pull up the tv guide then she got a message saying updating had ceased for the box,then she starting losing channels and it finally stopped altogether.

We do have VM home broadband so that isnt a problem at all.

Thats what i thought about the package there was no way i was going to change it for a box that is faulty when they should either repair it or just replace it.

Classic symptom of the internal modem in the box failing. 500Gb TiVO boxes are now being phased out, so when they fail they should be replaced by a V6 TiVO. If you already have 2 of these you will know that these rely on your Virgin hub for their internet connection, so you will need  to find an effective way of doing this either via WiFi or wired.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi wildheart, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there has been some issues with getting support for the faulty TiVo box. As has been mentioned already in thread, this would need to be replaced with a V6 box. You won't need to change your package for that. 

Due to there being some checks needed, we would need to book an engineer visit for them to come out to replace the TiVo. They'll also check the new levels to ensure your broadband isn't affected and adjust these if needed. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs