Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My series links - swap not working

Is it possible to download 'my series links' as a list off iPad to Mac, so I can reconstruct  the links on my new V6 as the VM sway is not working.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My series links - swap not working

No, this isn't possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks. Pity the VM can't produce what their booklets and webpages promise about swapping your series links over to new boxes. I currently have 189 links so had better get organised to them onto my new box.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

At peak I had close to 400.. think I got them down to just shy of 200 and put them into an Excel spreadsheet at the same time....

I was pleasantly surprised at managing to recreate probably two-thirds of them by playing around in "search & explore"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Presumably you had to type into Excel, so still a lot of work for something that is supposed to work.  I had logged as a fault but when the technician rang, after 5 days not the promised 2, she was curt to the point of rudeness. Just blew me off saying ‘is not working, can’t do anything’.  So why are VM rated so badly for customer service?  They need to get their phone lines sorted out, I finally found ringing when lines open is the best time.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey @GrannyA1,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having.

Did the agent tell you why the process wouldn't work?

I wasn't aware that the process we have listed online didn't work. Would you like me to look into this further for you?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

I was not given a reason why the swap did not work but looking on the forum it seems many other people have had the same problem. 
I have now managed to re-input all the current programme series links and wish listed any others I can find but as a pensioner with arthritic hands I could have done with the chew. 
I also noticed that the page with my list of series links on vm website became inaccessible after only about 7 days not the advertised 14.
Thanks for your time

A

0 Kudos