Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo 6 box keeps powering down.

My TiVo 6 box keeps powering down and then rebooting from the 'welcome' page.  The unit can stay off (not in standby) for a couple of minutes or so.  The Tivo 6 box in the lounge is fine.  I notice this has been previously reported but there did not appear to be a resolution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Tivo 6 box keeps powering down.

Hello,

Could you check the Power Save settings for the box?

If you go into Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power Save.

It should be on "Always On" either of the other 2 options and the box will restart or power down.

Could you also check the power supply, it should have a yellow label around it stating it is for a V6 box, it could be that you have an incorrect power supply for the box causing it to power down.

Hope this helps!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Tivo 6 box keeps powering down.

Thanks for the response.  Checked the power saving setting and it was set to permantly on.  It is also the correct power cables.  However it still keeps powering down and rebooting, seems to stay on when actually watching the tv but a pain when you first want to watch tv having to wait while it reboots.  I will probably try to contact the virgin technical help line, but I feel it is the box itself.  Once again thanks for your help.

0 Kudos