Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box won’t start done all the required start stop etc how do I get a new one as I can’t contact vi

Hi my TiVo box won’t start 

I get welcome page then starting up the back to starting up page to welcome 

the light is orange 

ive done all the required turn off and on requirements via recorded msgs checked all the connections my WiFi is strong and there’s no problem in the area 

frustratingly I can’t talk to a human regarding this 

where do I go from here ??

regards 

Mark 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TiVo box won’t start done all the required start stop etc how do I get a new one as I can’t contac

Hi disgruntledwith,

Sorry to see you are having major problems with your V6 box.

Have you tried signing into Service status at the top of this page? It shows any local faults and you can also run a test against the V6 box. By doing this VM should be able to send a signal to your box and try to repair it, or send out a replacement and/or engineer.

If that doesn't work then you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TiVo box won’t start done all the required start stop etc how do I get a new one as I can’t contac

Hi Dave 

I’ve done all that but still nothing awaiting reply off them 

regards 

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As per newapollo's advice, you've got 3 options for reporting a fault box at the moment..

1: The text message service, 07533 051809, which will take a couple of days to respond

2: Wait on here for VM staff, likely around a week on current workload.

3: Call into faults and be patient with any queues.

It's only fair to point out that with option 2, staff do work through unread posts first - so multiple replies can sometimes put posts further down the queue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TiVo box won’t start done all the required start stop etc how do I get a new one as I can’...

Hi Mark,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with your TV box and have had difficulty discussing this with us.

It looks like you've already been in touch to arrange a replacement for your V6 since your post. Have you been able to set this up successfully? Does the issue now appear to be resolved? If not, I'd be more than happy to take a closer look for you to see if we can get this sorted.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos