Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My TIVO box not connect keeps making a clicking sound HD maybe? The box is 6 years old maybe to be replac

TIVO box not connecting keeps trying but no go   makes a clicking sound in the beginning Could it be the HD? Box is 6 years old so maybe past its prime

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TIVO box not connect keeps making a clicking sound HD maybe? The box is 6 years old maybe to be re

Hey jorgenk,

So does the TiVo not start up at all? Can you watch normal live channels?
And what model is your TiVo box?

Thanks,
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TIVO box not connect keeps making a clicking sound HD maybe? The box is 6 years old maybe to be re

I can watch free channel but not virgin

To me it sounds as if HD is faulty it keeps trying to leave parking

but does not manage and it make a clicking sound typical of a head

trying to leave park 

It's a TIVO 4  about 6 years old so no surprise it gives problems

I have tried to contact Virgin but without luck

What I really need is a new box 

Can you help

My account is [removed] area 11

Thanks in advance

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response

I have contacted Cris_W1 and he has arranged for

a replacement box for me

To answer your question the box is a TIVO 4

It does start but keep up trying to connect no channels showing

Without doubt the HD is faulty

jorgenk

0 Kudos