Menu
Hemjefferies
Tuning in
Message 21 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Must Restart Tivo Box to Make Netflix Work

Hi David, just thought I'd let you know that the V6 box has been intermittently not working with Prime and Netflix again and my other devices are constantly dropping network, particularly my laptop.  It's the same as before. 

KR

Helen

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helen,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I've checked the system today and no issues are showing. From checking the WiFi, it's showing that the TV box is too close to the router, is this the V6? If so, can that be connected via Ethernet cable? This will help with the WiFi bandwidth.

The V6 itself is showing as offline, is the box switched off? If so and you're still experiencing issues, can you switch the box on for me, let me know and we can run further tests for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
1103Lee
Tuning in
Message 23 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Well, i thought I had finally sorted this problem as I hadn’t had any issues for a month or so. However I had the same problem last night. Tried to watch Netflix and had to reboot the box to get it working. 

I would love to know if there is a system issue or I’m just unlucky...

0 Kudos
Hemjefferies
Tuning in
Message 24 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, thanks for checking up on this.  We were away last week and the V6 box had put itself into standby mode, is that what you detected?  Anyway, the next time we tried to watch something on Netflix it did the same thing so I've now attached an Ethernet cable.  We still needed to restart the box to get Netflix to work so it wasn't an instant solution but we'll see what happens over the next few days.  Interestingly I am still getting regular drop outs with the wifi on my laptop and mobile phone.  Yesterday and today have been particularly bad.  Any idea why this is still happening?  Is it a common fault which I was told on the phone previously or is it something to do with my connection at home?

KR

Helen

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hemjefferies,

Thanks for coming back to us. Sorry that you're still experiencing issues with drop outs on your laptop and mobile devices, looking remotely from our end it is only showing as one device is to close to the router as John stated.

Everything else is showing as green and working normally. Your power levels are all with specification and there are no area faults which could be causing this is issue.

Your other option would be to try WiFi boosters. You can download our Connect App here  this allows you to check black spots in your property and order boosters.

You can also check here for further help with any WiFi issues.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Hemjefferies
Tuning in
Message 26 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response, yesterday and today have been really bad again and I've already bought a booster which is giving the same problems.  This morning worked absolutely fine with a long Zoom call and multiple other devices connected and then this afternoon has been terrible.  I've just had to disconnect and reconnect several times to be able to even send this message!  Good news is that Netflix seems to be working via the ethernet cable.  I simply don't have an ethernet cable long enough to reach my desk otherwise I'd use that for my computer and it's not the far away, only a few metres through an open door so I don't see why the distance would be an issue for wifi to work properly.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Hemjefferies,

Sorry that the issue has flared again. Due to your already having boosters and this has still not resolved the issue we will need to look in to this further for you.

I will pop you over a private message to see what we can do further to help, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 28 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hemjefferies,

Thanks for coming back to us. As you are still experiencing the same issue with intermittent connection and a new router has not resolved the issue, we have booked a technician to come and re-visit to investigate this further for you.

You can check the appointment time by signing in to your online Virgin Media account here. If the appointment is not convenient you can reschedule or cancel if its no longer needed.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos